Tuesday, March 17, 2009

This weekend, Kimberly thew a fabulous party for Grandma Millie's 90th birthday. I could go on about how wonderful it was, but I'll let the slide show tell the story:-) (The slide show has been moved to the column on the right. Click to view.)

So far as my recovery, I got a lot of things taken care of yesterday:-) I've been having some issues with blood sugar due to the cyst they removed from my pituitary gland. I saw my endocrinologist's assistant yesterday and they set me up with a blood sugar monitor and a diet for Diabetes Insipidus, which is "pretend" diabetes. After 2 meals, I already feel better:-) My blood pressure has been high, and I got some medication for that as well, and that will probably be very short term since I think that was due to the blood sugar fluctuations, which were ranging from around 100 to 190. And once the blood sugar fluctuations are under control, I should be able to kick the infection that's been plaguing the wound in my mouth and sinuses that I caught after the surgery. When your blood sugars are out of control, you don't heal well. So After a few calls & visits yesterday, I think I will be on the mend again in no time:-) All of that to say that even with a few minor issues going on, my pain is still less than it was before surgery, so I'm about the happiest camper on the planet! Thank you again to all of you for your kind wishes, prayers, phone calls, emails and general support:-)

No comments: